[vtkusers] Bug in vtkStructuredPointsReader and others?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Aug 29 08:18:53 EDT 2000

hi,
	vtkStructuredPointsReader has a severe problem.

$ python
>>> from VTK import *
>>> a = vtkStructuredPointsReader ()
>>> a.GetNormalsName ()
Segmentation fault
$

	This happens for a whole host of other things as well.  Why
doesnt it give out an exception?

	There is a similar bug with the vtk\w*RenderWindow classes.
The GetFileName() method causes a segfault. :(

	I believe other Readers have similar problems.  Something
tells me Randall Hopper reported the same thing a while back.  Has
this been fixed.  Would a list of problematic functions be useful?

prabhu