[vtkusers] vtkLookupTable Questions

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Aug 21 11:17:42 EDT 2000

hi,

    Joseph> I need to map scalars to colors in a piecewise linear
    Joseph> way. It seems like my only two choices (other than rolling
    Joseph> my own) are to map them linearly with vtkLookupTable or
    Joseph> logarithmically with vtkLogLookupTable.This seems woefully
    Joseph> inadequate so I have to ask "What gives?". I saw

	Well, if you dont want to create a new class that does what
you wants you could make a custom LookupTable that does the job.

<shameless plug>
If you use python you could use a Lookup table editor that I have
made.  It is part of vtk-cfd and is available at
	http://www.aero.iitm.ernet.in/~prabhu/vtk/vtk-cfd.html
if you want I could even mail you the script.  It uses Tkinter.
</shameless plug>

prabhu