[vtkusers] Adjusting vtkImageReslice extent when slicing a volume

Jim Morash jmorash at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 18 12:59:47 EDT 2000

Hi,
I'm using vtkImageReslice to take an oblique slice through a volume of
data. The user interface includes controls to adjust the x,y and z
rotation of the slice plane. Since the behavior, coordinate-wise, of the
slice plane is somewhat confusing, I have not had a great deal of luck
in trying to write the code to adjust the origin and extents myself. I
have tried using the command
"vtkImageReslice::OutputAlwaysCenteredOnInputOn", which results in an
automatic adjustment of the slice plane to be a rectangular volume
always large enough to enclose the data volume, no matter what its
rotation (ie, tangent to the corners of the data volume). Is it possible
to tell the vtkImageReslice that I am perfectly happy with its
auto-adjusting capabilities, but that I only want it to be
two-dimensional?
thanks
--Jim Morash

jmorash at mit.edu                     http://web.mit.edu/jmorash/www