[vtkusers] vtkCellPicker

David J. Netherway djn at elan.mad.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Aug 14 07:07:18 EDT 2000

Hello,

I am using a daily vtk from August 7, 2000 on winNT.

>From a single cube source and a single mapper I generate multiple actors
at different positions.

I use SetPosition on each actor to position each of them.

They appear where I expect them.

Using a cellPicker I can select them and have code to move them around,
again using SetPosition.

They move to where I put them using the mouse.

At this stage they cannot be picked unless I click the mouse at their
original position.

Does anyone know of problems relating to cellPicking and repeated use of
the SetPosition method?

I use
set assembly [[[cellPicker Getpath] GetFirstNode] GetProp]
to get the actor.

This is successful for repeated pickings if the actor stays at its first
location.

Thanks, David