[vtkusers] configuration

Alan Zone vtk_zone at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:10:10 EDT 2000

1)Do I have to get all "yes" when I am configuring the first time?
I got several "no"s, are those ok?
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking whethe byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for /usr/openwin/share/include/GL/glxmd.h... no
checking for /opt/graphics/OpenGL/include/GL/glxmd.h... no
checking for /usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxmd.h... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads...no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread...yes
.//configure: /usr/bin/uname: No such file or directory
.//configure: /usr/bin/uname: No such file or directory
configuring tcl
configure: warning: no configuration information is in tcl
configuring java
configure: warning: no configuration information is in java
configuring python
configure: warning: no configuration information is in python

the rest is ok.

2)is "user.make" the only file I have to change before configuration?

3)when I am editing "user.make" what files do I have to put for the library?
are they the *.so files or the *.a files? I uncompress the tar file several
times, the original "user.make" files are all different.

4)Do I have to use 32 bit X screen? because when I am configuring the X
system during the installation process, 32-bit system has no respnds, so I
have to use 16-bit. I am using graphical login.  How can I get-off X-window
and restart it using command "startx -- -bpp 32" (is it a right command?)?

Thankx a lot.