[vtkusers] linux question

Alan Zone vtk_zone at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 04:55:41 EDT 2000

sorry, I still don't understand. I am new to both vtk and linux.

what I got from make Cone is that some makefiles are missing.

so I gave up the rpm files, and downloaded vtk.tar.gz
I unzip it using 'tar zxf vtk.tar.gz', it creates a vtk directory.
so I configure, then make. I waited for one and a half hour, it finally
stopped.
but what can I do now? I can't even see a file that can run on the linux
machine. and where are the include files and library files that I can
include and compile for the files I create myself to test vtk?

I am confused. what is the difference between the rpm and tar.gz?