[vtkusers] I can't run ParallelIso example

Frederic Kleinermann F.Kleinermann at pgr.salford.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 17:10:29 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am trying to learn more on the new VTK classes dealing with parallel
processing. I am trying to run the example ParallelIso. I have managed
to compile it and link it on a SGI onyx with 14 processors. Since I
haven't used MPI before, I have tried to run ParallelIso as follow :

mpirun -np 2 ParallelIso

Then, it complains by saying

mpirun cannot run executable.

or if I type just

ParallelIso

then, it complains saying

mpirun must be used to lauch all MPI applications

I have tried a simple hello world mpi example without linking any VTK
libraries and this simple example works.

I have also replaced the relative paths to the VTK libraries with
complete paths. But so far I still have the same problem.

I was wondering if anybody has any idea on why I have this problem.

Thanks

F.Kleinermann