Update extent does not lie within whole extent

Igor Fridman pnin22 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 17:32:54 EDT 2000

I have the following problem with extent.

My program is in TCL, and I open a set of data into:

vtkStructuredGridReader Field(gridreader)
vtkStructuredPointsReader Field(datareader)

Which then are piped to a:

vtkMergeFilter Field(reader)
Field(reader) SetGeometry [Field(gridreader)
GetOutput]
Field(reader) SetScalars  [Field(datareader)
GetOutput]
Field(reader) SetVectors  [Field(datareader)
GetOutput]

After having opened one set of data and trying to open
a different one, the following error comes up:

ERROR: In d:\nightly\vtk\common\vtkDataObject.cxx,
line 462
vtkStructuredGrid (0x00419C00): Update extent does not
lie within whole extent

This happens when I set the filename and update
Field(gridreader)  I tried various Initialize and
ReleaseData calls before updating, but this doesnt
help.  This problem didn't exist for me in vtk2.4

Thanks,
Igor Fridman

=====
Igor Fridman

Naval Research Laboratory
Vacuum Electronics Branch Code 6841
4555 Overlook Ave. S.W., Washington, DC 20375, USA
"info vtkusers" to the same address.