How to stop flickering?

Steve W Choi wchoi at allsim.co.kr
Tue Apr 25 00:58:22 EDT 2000

I have copied Vtk MFC project to another PC,
then compiled in Release mode. This time,
it didn't flicker.

Now I remember that I didn't have flickering
problem on my PC before reinstalling Win98
a couple of days ago.

After reinstalling Win98, flicker problem
suddenly emerges. I wonder what went wrong?

Steve W Choi
wchoi at allsim.co.kr

Steve W Choi wrote:

> I have an Vtk window on a VC++ Dialog.
> It display a cone and seem to work fine
> when it is compiled in Debug mode.
>
> However, if it is being compiled in Release mode,
> it flickers whenever the cone is rotated by mouse
> movement.
>
> Is there any way to prevent flickering?
>
> I am suspecting that Vtk is redrawing background
> when it needs to be redrawn.  Under pure VC++,
> I just have to block WM_ERASEBKGND message to
> prevent flickering. (like a way you have to do for
> OpenGL under VC++)
>
> Is there any equivalent method to achieve that?
>
> TIA
>
> Steve W Choi
> wchoi at allsim.co.kr
>
> What I am using now is: