Compilation Problems

Geoffrey Dix dix at mmm.mmm.ucar.EDU
Wed Apr 19 12:18:17 EDT 2000

To All,

I am trying to compile vtk3.1 with tcl8.3.  I keep getting this error:

"./tkAppInit.cxx", line 54: Error: Only one of a set of overloaded functions can be extern "C".
"./tkAppInit.cxx", line 55: Error: Trying to take the address of the overloaded function matherr.
"./tkAppInit.cxx", line 195: Warning: String literal converted to char* in formal argument varName in call to Tcl_SetVar(Tcl_Interp*, char*, char*, int).
"./tkAppInit.cxx", line 195: Warning: String literal converted to char* in formal argument newValue in call to Tcl_SetVar(Tcl_Interp*, char*, char*, int).
2 Error(s) and 2 Warning(s) detected.
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tkAppInit.o'
Current working directory /data5/pm/dix/vtk31/tcl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build_tcl'

I also get the 'String literal converted to char*' warning throughout
compilation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff
"info vtkusers" to the same address.