VTK and Qt

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Tue Apr 18 05:29:16 EDT 2000

hi kent,

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 20:43:57 CDT, Kent Vander Velden
<graphix at iastate.edu> wrote:

>  Hi.  Does anyone have a VTK Qt widget that works with Qt 2.1
>and VTK 3.1?  I am trying to compile an old version of vtkQGL
>but am having trouble since vtkImageCache does not seem to exist
>any longer (in additional to other errors?).
>
>  Thanks.
>
>---
>Kent Vander Velden
>kent at iastate.edu

i am using qt and vtk for long, both now with qt2.1 and vtk 3.1. i
have written two own classes. i am _not_ using vtkqgl (it is too big
and too complicated for me).

i have two classes:

RenderWindow --> gives you a widget, with vtkRenderer inside
RenderWindowInteractor --> subclass of RenderWindow, adds customizable
interaction

the two classes are nice documented (with doxygen) and IMO easy to
understand.

i will soon (<2 weeks) make a homepage, where i describe the things
there.

hope you can wait until then...

jan

"info vtkusers" to the same address.