Problem with vtkAssembly and vtkMatrix

Oscar Reynhout reynhout at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Apr 13 10:58:04 EDT 2000

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with vtkAssembly. Take a look at the following example:

******* example *********

vtkActor *actor1 = vtkActor::New();
vtkAssembly *assem = vtkAssembly::New();
vtkMatrix4x4 *matrix1 = vtkMatrix4x4::New();

// add actor to the assembly list
assem->AddPart(actor1);

actor1->GetMatrix(matrix1);
DoMyStuffWithMatrix(matrix1);
actor1->SetUserMatrix(matrix1);

******** end of example *******

This does not work. The actor1 does not react on the changed matrix. But
when I
use "actor1->AddPosition(1, 0, 0)" it DOES move. So there must be something
wrong with SetUserMatrix and an assembly-list. I took a look at the code of
SetUserMatrix, but I don't understand it at all.. Why does this not work?

It does work when I use an actor alone (not in an assembly-list).

Can anyone please help me?

Greetings,

Oscar Reynhout

     \\\|||///