Problems compiling VTK 3.1

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 6 11:09:10 EDT 2000

on 2000-04-06, David Gobbi wrote:

> I have had this same problem in one particular instance: with
> recent distrubutions of utah-glx accelerated OpenGL for linux.
>
> The problem is that configure looks for /usr/X11R6/include/GL/glxmd.h,
> (and it looks for glxmd.h in other places), but utah-glx does not have
> this file.  I'm guessing that the reason configure looks for glxmd.h and
> not simply gl.h is that it is trying to distinguish between real OpenGL
> and Mesa.  So configure definitely needs some enhancement, but I don't
> know what the best solution is.

I am not the administrator of the machine I'm compiling on, so I do not
know all the details about it, although I do know it has a Diamond Viper
770 gfx card, and _probably_ has 3d hw accelleration. .. and probably
using Utah-Glx if it has.

Anyway; I'm also compiling VTK on a Ultra 250, and the errors do not
appear there.

I'll get back to you when I find out more.

vr

"info vtkusers" to the same address.