Problems compiling VTK 3.1

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 6 09:18:56 EDT 2000

on 2000-04-06, Ken Martin wrote:

> I have a feeling this is because you are not including OpenGL or Mesa
> support. In such a case you would get that compiler error. Eventually
> though if you try to render anything you'll not have any renderer's to
> use.  It is still a good bug though since some people use VTK as a
> visualization processing server without using mesa or opengl.

OpenGL is implicit when configuring. Right? At least according to
"README.html":

    First we will give you the quick and dirty way to build vtk. If you
    have OpenGL do the following:

    If you will be using C++ as your development language:

    1) untar the src files
    2) untar the data files
    3) cd vtk
    4) ./configure
    5) read and edit user.make
    6) make

In that case, I have not explicitly removed OpenGL support.

Anyway; in addition to modifying vtkGraphicsFactory.h as I mentioned, I
had to put '#include "vtkXRenderWindowInteractor.h"' into
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx.

vr

"info vtkusers" to the same address.