Is this working?

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 12:39:26 EDT 2000

Randy Heiland wrote:

> On Apr 3, 11:16am, Gavin Tabor wrote:
> > Subject: Is this working?
> > Hi. I posted a couple of queries to the list last week, but they
> > seem to have sunk without trace. If that means that noone's interested
> > in helping me, so be it, but could someone confirm that my messages
> > are actually getting through?
>
> Gavin,
>
> Yes, it is.  If you'd care to attach a simple (or not so simple) code/script
> example that explicitly illustrates your problem, I'm guessing you'd get more
> help...

I actually attached the code the first time. I was wondering if it
was too long for people to want to read through :-) Anyway here it
is again...

Gavin

    vtkPlaneSource *plane = vtkPlaneSource::New();
    plane->SetResolution(100,100);

    vtkTransform *transPlane = vtkTransform::New();
    transPlane->Scale(0.2,0.2,1.0);
    transPlane->Translate(0.5,0.00,0.05);

    vtkTransformPolyDataFilter *tpf = vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
    tpf->SetInput(plane->GetOutput());
    tpf->SetTransform(transPlane);

    // probe the data using the cutting plane

    vtkProbeFilter *probe = vtkProbeFilter::New();
    probe->SetInput(tpf->GetOutput());
    probe->SetSource(ugrid);

    // create the contour and display that.

    vtkContourFilter *contour = vtkContourFilter::New();
    contour->SetInput(probe->GetOutput());
    contour->GenerateValues(5,lower,upper);

    vtkPolyDataMapper *contourMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
    contourMapper->SetInput(contour->GetOutput());
    contourMapper->SetScalarRange(ugrid->GetScalarRange());
    contourMapper->ScalarVisibilityOn();
    contourMapper->SetLookupTable(colours);

    vtkActor *contourActor = vtkActor::New();
    contourActor->SetMapper(contourMapper);
    renderer->AddActor(contourActor);

> --Randy
> "info vtkusers" to the same address.

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Engineering
University of Exeter
"info vtkusers" to the same address.