vtkScalars::ComputeRange()

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Mon Apr 10 01:06:12 EDT 2000

vtkScalars::ComputeRange() - this is supposed to determine the min
and max values of the scalars, right?

I am using a scalar array (just 1 component) - somehow, the range output
by
GetRange() is incorrect and doesnt match what I myself computed. After
filling in the scalars, I call ComputeRange(), followed by GetRange().
I suspect
it doesnt actually compute until the pipeline in which it is part of is
executed? I cant believe there can be a bug in vtkScalars, which has
been
around forever.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs