XY plots with VTK

Joey Mukherjee joey at rolaren.space.swri.edu
Wed Sep 29 17:18:08 EDT 1999

I want to make simple XY Plots with VTK (I know, what a waste!), but I have my
reasons; however, what I am having a problem with is the best way to do it.

XYPlotActor can't seem to do what I want since I want to define both the X and Y
coordinates and XYPlot only allows for an independent Y variable.

I tried setting up a vtkPolyData structure with each point as a vertex, but that
comes out looking like a straight line.  When I have around 1000 points, and
then glyphing each one of the points (which are very close together), it takes a
very long time and looks like a regular "fat" line.

Has anyone else done this?  What data organization did you use?  Does anyone
else have some ideas on a good way to do this?

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                     "I am amused by the simplicity    +
+      joey at swri.org                      of this game.  Bring me your     +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        finest meats and cheeses."       +