VTK and Java

Stef Desmet Stef.Desmet at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Sep 29 07:57:22 EDT 1999

Hi,

I have no problem to make VTK with a with-java in the configure (on Solaris2.6 or Linux).
But when trying to run a simple example (sphere.java) I always get un UnsatisfiedLinkError
at the constructor of vtkPanel i.e. when loading libvtkJava.so. On Solaris I get a more
comprehensive message of unresolved symbols in this shareable library. I made this library
with the standard makefile on vtk/java. Does someone knows what's the correct way to generate
this shareable library and which other libraries should be included or have I to change something
in my Java environment ?

Thanks,
--
Stef Desmet
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven                      Tel. +32-16-321041
Kardinaal Mercierlaan 94         eMail stef.desmet at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Heverlee Leuven    URL <http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~desmet>
B E L G I U M