Q: Anyone knows this error message?

Gala'Vi and Liss @ Mainframe Country pushkare at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 24 16:01:55 EDT 1999

This error means that the data is not coming through, even though you do a
SetInput() for the vtkMapper. To see what you are doing and what is
happening, try to do the PrintSelf(cerr, 1) on the stuff that you are
giving to the mapper. Say if you have some filter, say

filter->GetOutput()->PrintSelf(cerr, 1);

this will show on the screen the info about the dataset that is coming in.
If that command will SegFault that means that there is just plain no data
and you need to check the way you are generating the input for the filter.
If it will not SefFault but actually print some data on the console, then
examine the dump. Pay attention to the range, the bounds and the lines on
the very bottom of the dump that tell you the polydata info: # of lines,
points, triangles, etc.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Gala'Vi