New vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D class behaviour

Jorrit Schaap jorrit at lkeb.azl.nl
Thu Sep 23 11:45:26 EDT 1999

Hi,

I have tried the new vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D class, and it works great
(on an SGI 320 ;-) ). I noticed one thing though: It appears that the
volume is 'sliced' and rendered with textures, and that the position of
the planes (slices) has an offset in the z-direction of one spacing
unit.

In medical imaging it is custom to position the planes at half a spacing
unit, and give it a thickness of one spacing unit.

I attached an image to clarify my point.

Did anyone else notice this, and has some opinios about this?

Greetings,
Jorrit Schaap.