Image pipeline

Ana Cugat c1f6326 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 19:51:38 EDT 1999

<x-flowed>Hi everybody,

As I said in a recent message I want to do a 3D slicer as the one in
medical3.cxx but using textures instead of the geometry filter. However, I
think I don't understand very well the image pipeline, and I have some
doubts about it.

First of all, I don't understand why when I use the ImageReader and then I
render the image with the ImageViewer, the images I see use only grey
levels.

Second, I use the vtkImageClip to select a slice, I use
vtkImageToStructuredPoints, and then I use it as texture for a plane, and I
see the image with colours.

Third, I assign a black to white lut to the texture, and the texture becomes
rather strange (lots of coloured points).

If someone can give me a hint I will appreciate,

Ana