vtk 2.4 compilation problem in NT4, SP5

Elvis Chen chene at qucis.queensu.ca
Fri Sep 17 15:23:08 EDT 1999

greegings,

I'm trying to compile my vtk program under NT4 without success.  It is a
single .cxx file that works under UNIX (solaris/linux).  But when I try to
compile it under NT4 (with SP5, VC++5), I get the following error message:

d:\progra~1\vtk24\vtkdll.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk
full: cannot seek to 0x37b5a4a7

I have 1.7G free space in drive D, and 1.2G free space in drive C.

No matter where I move the vtkdll.lib file to, I always get the exact same
error message, including "0x37b5a4a7".

Can someone please suggest what's wrong with my setup?

thanx in advance,

Elvis