Numeric Python data pass to Vtk

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Fri Sep 17 08:46:14 EDT 1999

Dear Vtk gurus,

    I am trying to use Vtk for the first time to generate images. But
first, I need
    to get my computed Numeric array data sets into Vtk. That is, I have
array
    data in memory that have been computed by the Numeric Python module
    and now I want to pass the data directly to Vtk for rendering.

    Which Vtk/Python function do I use? I did not see an examples of
this in the
    "vtk2.4/graphics/examplesPython" directory. Every thing in this
directory
    read data directly from files located in the "vtkdata" directory.

    Thanks in advance for your directions.

Best Regards,
        Dean

--
Dean N. Williams
Computer Scientist/Computation Group Leader             o
http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov                         williams13 at llnl.gov