Arbitrary Plane for Cutting

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue Sep 14 12:41:05 EDT 1999

Hi Sathya,

One of the optimizations in vtkImageReslice can misbehave if
the compiler isn't consistant in how it does floating-point
calculations.  To solve this, use OptimizationOff when using
nearest-neighbor interpolation.

Also, if you can send me the following info I might be able
to add #ifdefs to the code to fix it for your machine (no promises):
 - architecture (i.e. processor)
 - operating system
 - compiler (including revision)
 - version of vtkImageReslice (listed at the top of vtkImageReslice.cxx)

As for the interpolation, don't forget that the vtkTexture also
has InterpolateOn/Off flags.

 - David

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group