Arbitrary Plane for Cutting

Robert Oostenveld roberto at mbfys.kun.nl
Tue Sep 14 03:24:30 EDT 1999

Hello Sathya,

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Sathya wrote:

> I am currently using the following method to extract any axial, coronal and
> sagittal. I use the following method
>
> The problem with this method is the planes are limited to the axes. I am not
> able to extract any arbitrary planes .

If you want to make an arbitrary cut through a medical dataset, you could
also take a look at the vtkRUG examples at the University Groningen (see
Sebastien Barre's links). It has an example which demonstrates an
arbitrary cut through a 3D CT scan of a heart:

see
  http://www.rug.nl/hpc/VTK/vtk/3Ds/man.html
and especially
  http://www.rug.nl/hpc/VTK/vtk/3Ds/arbCutPlane.tcl.html