Generating documentation

John Shalf jshalf at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 1 10:17:03 EDT 1999

Hi,
It seems the program vtkHTML in the wrap subdirectory of VTK is designed
to do this (Kitware folks can correct me on this if I'm wrong).

Also, if you use C++, you might take a look at the Konrad Zuse
Institut's Doc++ tool which can parse methods & class hierarchy directly
from the C++ even in absence of fullfledged documentation/keywords in
the comments.
	http://www.zib.de/Visual/software/doc++/index.html

And for C/Fortran code, there is Paul Walker's GRDoc at
	http://jean-luc.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Codes/grdoc/
Which does really pretty formatting of the documented code and includes
an emacs minor mode to help automate the documentation process.
Examples of documented code are at
	http://bach.ncsa.uiuc.edu/IO/sdsdoc/

-john