vtk2.4 and visual c++6.0? -> Compiling into static library.

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at telecom.at
Mon Oct 18 16:30:41 EDT 1999

Dear Erwin,

>Last week I also just started with vtk2.4 + MVC6.0. I wanted to use a
static
>library. Therefore I decided not to use the "portable" distribution with
the
>makefile generator.

I had the very same problem some months ago. I ended up writing
a little perl script that converts the vtk library source tree into a native
VC++ project (that can be compiled as lib or dll at will and also uses
prcompiled header technique to speed up compilation).
Unfortunately I could not figure out how I could contribute this to the
vtk distribution.
Perhaps anyone reading this will tell me?

In the meantime I could send you the script if you like.

(It also should be in the mailing list archive.)

Nice day,
Roland