C++Builder & vtk

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 08:26:20 EDT 1999

I received several enquiries this morning so .......

I haven't updated the vtk/C++Builder web page as I have no editor at home,
but I've copied 3 files into a web directory...

Old web page is here - (notes are still useful)
http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/

RenderWindow component is here. Can be installed to BCB palette
http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkRenderWindow.zip
(4K)

Package builder for Common, Graphics, Imaging is here.
http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkCxxWizard.zip
(21K)

Demo project is here showing vtk in use
http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkDemo.zip
(9K)

No binaries of anything are included. If anyone wants binaries of fairly
stable packages I've built and tested (Debug version) vtk_CommonD.bpl,
vtk_GraphicsD.bpl, vtk_ImagingD.bpl, then I can send them when I've got a
decent connection instead of this modem (next week I expect).

Naturally I've tested these thoroughly on my machine and they are all fine,
but please please reply telling me if you get any compile errors or
anything because I can fix them and get them sorted right away and
hopefully I'll get no more message from others with similar problems. I
have many many BCBvtk things on my machine and its getting hard to know
when I've copied the right files and removed all dependencies.

Particularly I'd like to know if anyone uses BCBvtkcxxWizard for building
vtk because it does a lot of work and can easily fail.(The version I've put
above is intended for debug packages. I'm still unsure about MAKE files
under BCB and it is a bit flaky if you do release and debug packages
together).

The stuff I've put in these files is designed to run with recent Nightly
downloads which contain the new interactors. If you have an older "stable"
vtk release, then don't use this stuff. I cannot help you. (But I'll upload
binaries of the packages next week as mentioned).

ta taa

John B