VTK with "Borland C++ Builder"

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 14 05:39:50 EDT 1999

>Does anyone have any experience to use VTK with "Borland C++ Builder "on
Windows?
>Isn't it so difficult to integrate in the environment ? If you have some
experiences
>and some ideas, please give me any advise.

Try www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk.

Unfortunately the stuff on the web page is a few months old and needs
updating to include the latest BCB-vtk-Window which uses the new
interactorstyle classes.
I've had a couple of requests lately so I'm about to update the web page
with a load of new stuff. I also want to put a demo of a complete
C++Builder visual pipeline design program which allows you to create vtk
pipelines by dragging and dropping filters around the screen and connecting
them via "sockets".

>Isn't it so difficult to integrate in the environment ?
Its very straightforward. If you're an experience C++Builder user, you can
have a vtk Program working in half an hour... If you need to urgently get
C++Builder up and running I can send you a component you can use (but
you'll need to tweak it slightly), if you can wait a few days, I'll email
you when the web page is updated and the tidied up component is on it.

ttfn

John B
(Wrapped in a blanket suffering from flu...)