Is there a method cross reference? (fwd)

M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl
Mon Oct 11 10:28:31 EDT 1999

Hello, Tom,

no, you're not a pest ;-)  I have only a few month Vtk experience, but
I'm always happy to help people whenever I can.

The problem you are describing is not so much a problem of redirecting
the output to stdout, but as to what stdout actually is. I'm not sure
what OS you are using, but with Windows, there effectively is no stdout
when you double click a .tcl file. When you are using a console (Unix or
Windows) to start the Tcl script, there is stdout (the console), but you
normally will not get a chance to interrupt the normal program loop
(specifically the message loop), and thus you cannot enter those
commands. Only when the program terminates, you receive control .......

So, I see only two options: a) embed the commands inside the script, or
b) use the interacter window as you described.

Succes, Marc

ir. Marc Schrijver
Faculty of Electrical Engineering (S&S NT)
University of Twente
The Netherlands