vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor, vtkWin32

Ron Inbar rinbar at netvision.net.il
Sun Oct 10 16:25:07 EDT 1999

Greetings!

I'm trying to write a C++ class that will enable me to embed my VTK window
in an MFC application.  I have very little knowledge of MFC, but using the
examples in the VTK User's Guide I managed to create an MDI application that
displays a VTK Render Window inside every child window (with SetParentId).
Using vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor I managed to make the windows respond
to mouse presses and drags (the camera moves as expected), but not to
keypresses.  In an attempt to solve this problem, I replaced
vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor with vtkWin32MappedInteractor and generated
message handlers for WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_LBUTTONUP, WM_CHAR, etc., which
forward the messages to the corresponding vtkWin32MappedInteractor methods.
This time I only got WM_CHAR messages, and not mouse messages.

Which interactor should I use, then, and how?

Thanks in advance,

Ron