Problem compiling your vtk2CAVE

Matthew Hall mahall at math.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 7 18:17:37 EDT 1999

Ray Flanery wrote:

> I have vtk2.4 installed on an Onyx2 running IRIX6.5. When I compile your
> stuff I get the following:
> ...Several silly errors on my (Matt's) part.

Apologies again,
I had the wrong version of vtk2CAVE up on my website, a very antiquated
one.
I have put the correct version in, and modified the Example.C code
so that it will (should) compile with vtk2.4.

Anyway, for those that don't know, vtk2CAVE is a small library which
allows
you to use vtk in a CAVE environment. It ain't all that fancy, but it is
stable, and automatically handles memory issues with dynamically
changing
data.

Also, two other tools on the page:
vtkOrthoSlicer: An easy, quick slicer for StructuredPoints Datasets.
vtkSMG: A prototype for adding MultiGrid datasets to VTK.

They're at:
http://zeus.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~mahall/

-matt