vtkExtractVOI vs. vtkStructedPointGeometryFilter

Dr. Jasjit Suri jsuri at enya.picker.com
Thu Oct 7 14:35:21 EDT 1999

Hi,

I cannot explain this:

I reader the MR head using 3 kinds of pipe line and works great.

Now i wanted to texture map the gray scale MR head images
onto the cut sections of the  head.

I tried 4 kinds of pipeline keeping vtkExtractVOI and lookup table
there.
It did not work.

But when i change the vtkExtractVOI by
vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter(),
it works.

I cannot justify why the colorlookup table does not go well
with the vtkExtractVOI ?????

For that reason, I started to learn vtkExtractVOI ..
I took a small pipeline where i took vtkExtractVOI with ColorLUT
and it does not work...

any way, if some  body else noticed this and can explain
this combination ?

Thanks for your time...

..jas..