contour direction

Harrow, Matthew MHarrow at carolinas.org
Wed Oct 6 08:29:33 EDT 1999

Is it possible to contour along a specified direction?

For example, I have a structured grid and I know the data will be aligned in
small bands about 40deg off the z-axis, and unfortunately there is a large
gap between the z-plane slices(approx. 20 pixels) so the data does not
overlap along the z-axis. If I use any function like reslice or contour the
calculations follow directly connecting pixels along the x, y, and z-axis. I
would like to have contour functions not follow the z-axis, but instead
follow the data direction 40deg off the axis.

Is there a function that can do this, or is it possible to take one
(640x480x1) z-plane image slice and create a shear-extrusion by stretching
the plane to fill the gap between the z-plane slices creating a thick plane
at an angle(640x480x20)?

Matt

Matthew E. Harrow
Orthopaedic Engineering