image pipeline

M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl M.Schrijver at el.utwente.nl
Mon Oct 4 06:32:13 EDT 1999

First of all, you shouldn't change attribute data of your input! Always
copy it into a new dataset.

Now, the 'problem' you are describing is caused by the fact that
vtkImageToStructuredPoints does not change the attribute data, and hence
uses a reference-counted copy of it! So, to preserve memory, it does not
actually copy the data.

Maybe you are looking for a 'deep-copy'? So, instead of using [sp
GetPointData] PassData [etc.] use [sp GetPointData] DeepCopy etc.

Hope this helps, Marc

ir. Marc Schrijver
Faculty of Electrical Engineering (S&S NT)
University of Twente
The Netherlands