vtkAxes..

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Oct 1 08:45:03 EDT 1999

Here's an idea- create a vtkAxes2D that is rendered in the "overlay" planes (like vtkXYPlotActor or vtkAxisActor2D). Make it a subclass of vtkActor2D so it has a position coordinate, define a Position2 ivar that defines the upper right hand corner of the small rectangle into which the axes are drawn (look at vtkScalarBarActor). It'll probably have to refer to a vtkCamera (see vtkCubeAxesActor2D) to get the view direction. You'll also want to have as an option the ability to label the axes, set font size, etc.

You might also be able to hack something together using combinations (for x-y-z) of vtkAxisActor2D. You'd have to compute the end points of each of the three axis.

If you come up with anything I'd enjoy seeing the result.

Will