vtkImageCanvasSource2D->SetImageData()

Adrian Anner a.anner at medres.ch
Thu Oct 28 04:24:04 EDT 1999

hi

I want to display one slice from a volume in a vtkImageCanvasSource2D.

my code :

   // read the volume
  vtkVolume16Reader *v16 = vtkVolume16Reader::New();
    v16->SetDataDimensions(x,y);

  // extract one slice
  vtkExtractVOI *ex = vtkExtractVOI::New();
    ex->SetInput(v16->GetOutput());
    ex->SetVOI(0,511,0,511,25,25);

  vtkImageCanvasSource2D * bufferCanvas = vtkImageCanvasSource2D::New();
    bufferCanvas->SetScalarType(3);
    bufferCanvas->SetExtent( 0, 511, 0, 511, 0, 0);
    bufferCanvas->SetImageData((vtkImageData *)ex);

  // create imageViewer
  vtkImageViewer *m_imageViewer = vtkImageViewer::New();
    m_imageViewer->SetInput(bufferCanvas->GetOutput());

then I get a windows error that it couldn't read from the adress
"0x00000004".

what did I wrong ?

thanks Adrian