Microsoft Visual C++ VTK build.

Steve Guerrero guerrero at gene.com
Mon Nov 29 19:18:48 EST 1999

Hello all,

Has anyone successfully used Microsoft VC++ to build the VTK?

I ran PCMAKER with no problem, and it seems to install all the makefiles
and whatnot, but when I run nmake from the /vtk/lib directory, although
compilation seems to proceed with errors, the vtkdll.dll target is not
built.  If I run nmake from within the debug directory, target DLLs are
built, but the VTK is broken up into a bunch of DLLs as opposed to the
single vtkdll.dll.

Any suggestions/pointers?

Thanks,
-Steve Guerrero