Linux with XFree86 4.x (pre) and DRI!!!

klaatu klaatu at clark.net
Fri Nov 26 14:45:39 EST 1999

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, ytlee wrote:

> Hello:
>
> For those who get VTK working on Linux, would you please share your
> experience.
<snip snip>

> When I did the following
>
> cd /vtk/graphics/examplesTcl
> ../../tcl/vtk Cone.tcl
>
> It gave me the following error message:
>
> libVTKImagingTcl.so cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.
>
> This error repeated when I changed the line in .cshrc to
> setenv LD-LIBRARY_PATH  /vtklib
>
> What did I do wrong. Would some Linux guru please help.

Try adding the directory containing the *.so files to /etc/ld.so.conf and
then run `ldconfig -v` -- you should see lots of libraries scroll past,
after that you may be able to get VTK to work.

> Thanks very much.
>
> Lee
>
> PS. I have no trouble using VTK in PC Window environment for about 3 years.

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

    Be kind to your neighbors, even though they be transgenic chimerae.
          Re-transmission of this e-mail expressly prohibited.
  Non-UseNet re-transmission of this article is a willful violation of US
 Copyright Law and the Berne Convention. Statutory damages are $250,000.00
Whom thou'st vex'd waxeth wroth: Meow.      http://www.clark.net/pub/klaatu/