Using VTK with Borland C++ Builder 4.0 - help!

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 18:30:37 EST 1999

I downloaded the vtk 3.0.xxxx source a few days back and got an "error in
#ifdef count" error. it turned out to be caused by my routine missing an
#else statement or something. I fixed it and the current BCBvtkCxxWizard
should work with nightly downloads from this week (and presumably with the
2.4 release you mention)
<<<<
I put the zipped project files in
www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/

upgraded to 2.4 using John's wizard and BCB 4.0 without any compilation
problems (I have had prolems using the bedug versions, but thats a
different story).

 In what way are you using TCL?  The packages the wizard produces will not
work directly with wish/tclsh.  I use vtk with TCL 8.0 by immbedding them
both in my own application.

 The only other point I can think of is that when I used the wizard I only
installed the common, graphics and imaging sub-dirs from the 2.4 distribution.

 Hope this is a bit of help
 Gregor Bruce