Problem using python bindings

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Wed Nov 10 15:42:19 EST 1999

Dear fmri,

    Did you create a .../lib directory with symbolic links to all the *.so
files?

    Example:
    ln -s /vtk2.4/patented/libVTKPatented.so libVTKPatented.so

    Then in your PYTHONPATH include the .../lib.
    Also in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH include the .../lib.

    Try this!

Best Regards,
        Dean

> Dear list members,
>
> after building with python as described in the Linux-HowTo I am unable
> to run the examples. They fail with
>
> /usr/lib/libVTKPython: unknown symbol XtString
>
> at the statement
>
> from libVTKGraphicsPython import *.
>
> What can I do and what is the source of the problem.
>
> thank You very much in advance.
>
> Arno R. Schleich

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Dean N. Williams
Computer Scientist/Computation Group Leader             o
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                --
Livermore, California 94550                          `\< *
Phone: (925) 423-0145    FAX: (925) 422-7675        /  \
http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov                         williams13 at llnl.gov