Asus TNT/VTK problems

Franz Marini strider_73 at excite.com
Tue Nov 9 03:09:59 EST 1999

Hi,

  I haven't seen any response to my previous msg (maybe no one saw it) so I
post it again.

--

  I've got a [big] problem with VTK and a Riva TNT (Asus v3400 latest Win98
drivers).

  I use the following methods to load an elevation map (previously converted
to vtk format from a DTED Level 0 data file) and then visualize it :

     vtkStructuredPointsReader
     vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter
     vtkWarpScalar
     vtkCastToConcrete
     vtkTriangleFilter
     vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter
     vtkPolyDataNormals
     vtkStripper
     vtkPolyDataMapper
     vtkActor

  All goes very well on a WinNT box with a Matrox G100 and NO hw accel.
  When I try to use the program under my Win98 / RivaTNT box w/hw the image
looks "flat" with almost no shadows and the colors don't change soothly as
on the NT machine.
  Moreover under Linux / Mesa (no hw accel) I get only a black window!
  I'm using VTK 2.4 and latest Asus TNT drivers. Under Linux I use VTK 2.3
and Mesa 3.1 .

  Anyone has ideas or suggestions ?

  Thank you very much in advance,

                                               Franz