Finite element mesh

Steve Boyd boyd at champagne.kin.ucalgary.ca
Fri Nov 5 10:48:50 EST 1999

Hello,

I've written my own vtk reader that reads in a thresholded 3D data set
of trabecular bone scans (reads in vtkStructuredPoints) that I then
create an isosurface from (with vtkMarchingCubes) for visualization of
the bone.

I'm interested in creating an output file that could be used an FE mesh
from the structured data.  Is there a way to output the structured data
as tetrahedrons, or maybe voxels?  It would need to output the 'nodes'
belonging to each 'element', etc.

Can somebody point me in the right direction, or am I dreaming?

Sincerely,

Steve