[3.0] (not so) IMPORTANT : vtk performance drop ? : solved (c lipping range)

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Nov 5 10:18:21 EST 1999

<x-flowed>Yes Jim, that is what I meant only I did not state it quite so coherently.
I looked at the code and it seems that we are asking explictly for a "less
than or equal to" operator on Z buffer comparisons. I suspect that the
reason this big change is seen only on some graphics cards is that those
are the ones that are ignoring the LEQUAL and doing a strict LESS instead
(otherwise you shouldn't see a difference).

Lisa