[nightly] IMPORTANT 2 : vtk huge rendering performance drop ?

Sebastien Barre barre at sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr
Tue Nov 2 10:04:54 EST 1999

Regarding the previous topic. It was not meant to scare anyone, of course
:) The work done by the VTK team is as impressive as ever.

I just made tests with real data (medical 3D reconstruction, 30 K polys and
more), and there is NO difference between nightly and official 2.4 versions
! Very strange.

Therefore, I will check if it might be related to the object used in our
Sphere Bench (I remembered that the code for SphereSource has changed). The
"bug" might be in our code :)

Sorry.
--
Sebastien BARRE
IRCOM-SIC, UMR-CNRS 6615 - Université de Poitiers