Visibility of individual elements

Stéphane MOREAU moreau at adersa.asso.fr
Tue Jun 29 08:12:16 EDT 1999

    Hi vtkuser

I've got the same problem : I've got a mesh (vtkUnstructuredGrid), and I want to
see a part in wireframe (SetRepresentationToWireframe) and another part in
Surface (SetRepresentationToSurface). Do I have to separate in two actors ?
Did you get an answer to your first question ?

Ben Held a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am displaying large structued meshes (vtkStructuredGrid) using VTK.  Each
> element may have a different material, and the end-user will want to make
> elements of a certain material invisible.  Must I have a separate vtkActor
> for EACH element so I can make the proper actors invisible?  Or is there
> another, easier way?  If I have to have separate actors, is this going to
> be a major performance issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> John
> Ben L. Held
> Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
> 11520 N. Port Washington Rd.
> Suite 101 B
> Mequon, WI  53092
> Phone: (414) 240-0293
> FAX: (414) 240-0294
> e-mail: ben.held at staarinc.com

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Stéphane MOREAU
Ingénieur de recherche
ADERSA
Tél : 01-60-13-53-47