how to get the edges of a contour ?

Edi edi at eos.med.upatras.gr
Wed Jun 23 05:37:36 EDT 1999

 I have a contour extracted from a 2D image with vtkContourFilter

 I would like to plot this contour as a polygon. If I do this directly with the output of  a filter, I get rather a mesh. How can I get only the external lines of this mesh ? Tried with ExtractEdges and FeatureEdges  but didn't succeed. Is there another way to do this ?

 Can I have the points of this external lines arranged in a clockwise order ?

 Thank you .