vtkRenderWindow in X/Motif

jnorris at uiuc.edu jnorris at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:40:02 EDT 1999

Hello,

My first message didn't seem to make it through, so I'm trying again.

I'm porting a MFC app from NT to X/Motif (on a Sun Ultra 60), and I'm having
a little trouble.  In the NT app I use a static splitter window where the
left half is a control panel and the right half is the render window.  This
was pretty straight forward; in the OnCreate method of the view class used in
the right pane, I create a vtkRenderWindow and call

	renwin->SetParentId(this->m_hWnd);

I'm trying to do the same thing under X, but so far I'm not having any luck.
I've tried setting the window ID, parent ID, and display ID, singly and in
combination, but nothing seems to work.  The render window always pops up
inside its own frame.

Has anyone had any success doing what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris
Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets
jnorris at uiuc.edu
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jnorris