Transformation Matrix

Ana Cugat c1f6326 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:22:53 EDT 1999

<x-flowed>

Hi, I'm rotating and moving my actors, a bit like in the flamingo example.
I'd like to get the transform matrix that converts my actor from the
original position and scale to the new one. I'm using vtkActor->GetMatrix()
but I don't quite understand the results I obtain. For example, if I scale
the object the matrix I obtain is

    1.30565 0 0 -33.9091
    0 1.30565 0 -33.6466
    0 0 1.30565 -33.6215
    0 0 0 1

and the 1.3065 corresponds to the scaling (as I can see if I call
vtkActor->GetScale()) shouldn't the scale factor be in the last row?

If now I rotateY 90 degrees the matrix remains the same, even if the
orientation of the actor has changed.

Isn't there a way to obtain the matrix?

TIA,

Ana