Upcoming changes to vtk3.0

Ron Inbar rinbar at netvision.net.il
Sun Jul 25 05:28:59 EDT 1999

Hello Jan!

I think in C++ you can "cast away the const", for example:

void f(char *s)
{
    // ...
}

void main()
{
    const char message[]= "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog";
    f(message); // Error: cannot convert const char * into char *
    f((char *) message); // OK
}

Of course this is dirty, but it's still cleaner than strcpy...

Regards,

Ron